Monday, May 26, 2008

Starting somewhere...

And there it is: having rediscovered my 'regular' blog just last week after a prolonged period of absence, I started thinking about the concept behind a blog and my own reasons for writing one. Quickly reaching the conclusion that my 'Strange Loves' journal served no real purpose beyond recording my own thoughts on the things I am reading, watching or listening to at the moment, I felt a platform like this might be better served by a single unifying subject - especially as that would make it more interesting to readers.

This first entry therefore marks the beginnings of a blog that is to be related solely to my ongoing research topic: the political and ideological functions of superheroes in post-9/11 popular culture. Its goals are firstly the creation and maintenance of a platform I can use to write and reflect on ideas and issues related to my research, and secondly the hope of engaging with a community of interested readers and contributors who share these interests. Both these goals should ultimately serve to help me develop my research into conference papers, journal articles and finally, my dissertation.

No comments: